PM refuses to discuss Rice`s contention on N-deal
On Board Air India One: Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh on Saturday declined to get into discussion over
former US Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice`s contention that
he was not keen on the Civil Nuclear deal.
"I don`t know what Rice has written. I think the reference
was to what happened in July 2005 (when the civil nuclear deal
was agreed upon). I don`t remember the sequence of events.
"... When I became convinced that the deal can be achieved
and was in people`s interest... These are various stages in
discussions," Singh said.
He was responding when asked Rice`s contention in her book
that Singh was initially not keen on the Civil Nuclear deal
and it was the then External Affairs Minister Natwar Singh who
pushed him on the issue.
Asked about the issues that are expected to come up in his
meeting with President Barack Obama in Bali next week, Singh
said he would not like to make any guess on it but certainly
the current state of relations will figure.
India has already put in place a rules and regulations
related to nuclear commerce, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof