PM refuses to discuss Rice`s contention on N-deal
On Board Air India One: Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh on Saturday declined to get into discussion over
former US Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice`s contention that
he was not keen on the Civil Nuclear deal.
"I don`t know what Rice has written. I think the reference
was to what happened in July 2005 (when the civil nuclear deal
was agreed upon). I don`t remember the sequence of events.
"... When I became convinced that the deal can be achieved
and was in people`s interest... These are various stages in
discussions," Singh said.
He was responding when asked Rice`s contention in her book
that Singh was initially not keen on the Civil Nuclear deal
and it was the then External Affairs Minister Natwar Singh who
pushed him on the issue.
Asked about the issues that are expected to come up in his
meeting with President Barack Obama in Bali next week, Singh
said he would not like to make any guess on it but certainly
the current state of relations will figure.
India has already put in place a rules and regulations
related to nuclear commerce, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming