PM reviews nuclear command structure with Antony
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday held discussion with Defence Minister A K Antony to review the security situation and preparedness of the nuclear command structure in the country.
During the meeting, the Prime Minister is understood to have been briefed about the overall security measures and the readiness of the defence forces and the preparedness of the nuclear forces, sources said here.
Recently, the Defence Minister had also held a security review meeting with the three Services Chiefs and senior Ministry officials.
During the meeting, the Ministry had approved the 15-year Long Term Integrated Perspective Planning (LTIPP) and the 12th Defence Plan which would project requirements of the armed forces to be met through indigenisation and robust involvement of private sector.
The Minister had also reviewed the overall training and operational activities of the armed forces in the light of the present security situation in the country and the immediate neighbourhood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster