PM reviews nuclear command structure with Antony
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday held discussion with Defence Minister A K Antony to review the security situation and preparedness of the nuclear command structure in the country.
During the meeting, the Prime Minister is understood to have been briefed about the overall security measures and the readiness of the defence forces and the preparedness of the nuclear forces, sources said here.
Recently, the Defence Minister had also held a security review meeting with the three Services Chiefs and senior Ministry officials.
During the meeting, the Ministry had approved the 15-year Long Term Integrated Perspective Planning (LTIPP) and the 12th Defence Plan which would project requirements of the armed forces to be met through indigenisation and robust involvement of private sector.
The Minister had also reviewed the overall training and operational activities of the armed forces in the light of the present security situation in the country and the immediate neighbourhood.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read