PM reviews nuclear command structure with Antony
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday held discussion with Defence Minister A K Antony to review the security situation and preparedness of the nuclear command structure in the country.
During the meeting, the Prime Minister is understood to have been briefed about the overall security measures and the readiness of the defence forces and the preparedness of the nuclear forces, sources said here.
Recently, the Defence Minister had also held a security review meeting with the three Services Chiefs and senior Ministry officials.
During the meeting, the Ministry had approved the 15-year Long Term Integrated Perspective Planning (LTIPP) and the 12th Defence Plan which would project requirements of the armed forces to be met through indigenisation and robust involvement of private sector.
The Minister had also reviewed the overall training and operational activities of the armed forces in the light of the present security situation in the country and the immediate neighbourhood.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview