PM reviews nuclear command structure with Antony
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday held discussion with Defence Minister A K Antony to review the security situation and preparedness of the nuclear command structure in the country.
During the meeting, the Prime Minister is understood to have been briefed about the overall security measures and the readiness of the defence forces and the preparedness of the nuclear forces, sources said here.
Recently, the Defence Minister had also held a security review meeting with the three Services Chiefs and senior Ministry officials.
During the meeting, the Ministry had approved the 15-year Long Term Integrated Perspective Planning (LTIPP) and the 12th Defence Plan which would project requirements of the armed forces to be met through indigenisation and robust involvement of private sector.
The Minister had also reviewed the overall training and operational activities of the armed forces in the light of the present security situation in the country and the immediate neighbourhood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!