PM `running away` from questions, `must` be interrogated in coal scam: BJP
New Delhi: As reports suggested that the Central Bureau for Investigation (CBI) wants to interrogate Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in connection with the coal scam, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) alleged that he is evading all questions, and thereby causing a deadlock in the investigations.
Demanding the interrogation of the Prime Minister, BJP leader Balbir Punj said: "Of all the scams of the UPA-II government, the biggest was the Coal Scam and it also very, very important for the simple reason that when the scam took place, the Coal Minister in this Government happened to be the Prime Minister himself. As a result, no investigation in this case can be complete without a proper interrogation of the Prime Minister. But the Prime Minister seems to be running away from all investigations."
Punj also expressed dissatisfaction with the statement made by Dr Singh in Parliament yesterday, and said that the opposition was prepared to go the full distance to ensure that the Centre becomes accountable.
"We saw his (Manmohan Singh`s) conduct in Rajya Sabha yesterday. He made a blank statement-a wishy-washy statement in both Houses. After that, rather than taken questions and queries, he ran away," Punj said.
"We want this issue to be discussed in Parliament and we will make every effort, which is available under this system, to ensure that we make the government accountable for its sins, both, in Parliament and outside," he added.
Meanwhile, BJP leader Yashwant Sinha has also demanded the interrogation of the Prime Minister to further investigations in the Coal Scam.
"The PM must be questioned and interrogated, irrespective of the fact that they are tried to cover up the Coal Scam," Sinha said.
On Tuesday, the Prime Minister made a statement in the Rajya Sabha regarding the concerns raised over the missing files pertaining to the Coal Scam, and said the Centre would ensure that all files would be located and given to the CBI to proceed with investigation on the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming