PM seeks speedy probe into Pune blast
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
on Sunday reviewed the situation following the Pune blast in which
at least nine persons were killed and directed the Union and
Maharashtra governments to take coordinated and effective
action to speedily investigate the matter.
Singh, who discussed the situation with Home Minister P
Chidambaram, directed speedy investigation so that "the
culprits responsible for this heinous act are identified and
brought to justice at the earliest," a PMO spokesman said.
Chidambaram briefed the Prime Minister on his visit to
Pune and on the state of investigations.
Expressing his deepest condolences and sympathies to the
families of all those killed and injured in the incident,
Singh announced relief from the Prime Minister`s National
Relief Fund of Rs two lakh to the next of kin of those killed
in the terror attack and Rs one lakh to those injured.
The Prime Minister said the government would extend
whatever help was required by the families of those killed and
injured in the incident, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars