PM sends ‘get well soon’ card, flowers to Anna
New Delhi: In a warm gesture, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh sent a ‘get well soon’ card and flowers to Gandhian Anna Hazare, who is recuperating at a Gurgaon hospital after fasting for 12 days to press for a strong a Lokpal.
Anna’s health condition has shown consistent improvement ever since he was admitted to the hospital on August 28, after he broke his fast with honey and coconut water. A day earlier, the Parliament had unanimously issued the Sense of the House agreeing to incorporate, in principle, to the demands being made by him.
Anna is admitted to the Medanta Medicity Hospital in nearby Guragon, where a team of doctors is keeping a close watch on his health condition.
As per the latest medical bulletin issued today, Anna’s blood pressure is 124/84; the pulse rate has also stabilised and is currently 78/minute. He has also gained weight – 66.6 kg.
However, the 74-year-old man, who got tremendous support for his anti-corruption movement, won’t be discharged from the hospital soon as the doctors attending to him deferred taking a decision on the matter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists