PM sends ‘get well soon’ card, flowers to Anna
New Delhi: In a warm gesture, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh sent a ‘get well soon’ card and flowers to Gandhian Anna Hazare, who is recuperating at a Gurgaon hospital after fasting for 12 days to press for a strong a Lokpal.
Anna’s health condition has shown consistent improvement ever since he was admitted to the hospital on August 28, after he broke his fast with honey and coconut water. A day earlier, the Parliament had unanimously issued the Sense of the House agreeing to incorporate, in principle, to the demands being made by him.
Anna is admitted to the Medanta Medicity Hospital in nearby Guragon, where a team of doctors is keeping a close watch on his health condition.
As per the latest medical bulletin issued today, Anna’s blood pressure is 124/84; the pulse rate has also stabilised and is currently 78/minute. He has also gained weight – 66.6 kg.
However, the 74-year-old man, who got tremendous support for his anti-corruption movement, won’t be discharged from the hospital soon as the doctors attending to him deferred taking a decision on the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan