PM should answer allegations of TMC patronising Maoists: Brinda
Tirunelveli (TN): Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh should answer allegations that UPA ally Trinamool
Congress was patronising Maoist violence, CPI(M) politburo
member Brinda Karat said Wednesday.
"They (Trinamool Congress) are backing Maoists who have
killed more than 166 comrades in West Bengal alone," she said
on the sidelines of an anti-untouchability conference here.
Referring to Ranganath Mishra committee`s recommendations
on minorities, she demanded that the Centre implement them,
which among other things, said discrimination on the basis of
religion should not be allowed.
"The Centre should inform Parliament about what action it
proposes to take on the committee`s recommendations".
On the rising prices of essential commodities, Karat
alleged that the UPA had utterly failed to rein in prices.
She referred to the plans to bring in cut motion in Lok
Sabha demanding rollback of prices of petroleum products and
fertilisers and said the Centre must reverse policies leading
to price rise. It should roll back prices of petroleum
products and take steps to distribute four crore tonnes of
wheat and rice rotting in godowns.
Referring to the Women`s Reservation Bill, Karat said her
party fully supported it and pointed out that two of three
party representatives to be sent to Rajya Sabha would be
Asked about representation of women in CPI(M) politburo,
she said in a lighter vein that "I am the only woman among 15
On the vexed Mullaperiyar dispute between Left Democratic
Front-ruled Kerala and DMK-ruled Tamil Nadu, she said the
issue is not confined to just these two states, but has all
India ramifications. "We need to find an amicable solution to
these disputes," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced