PM should answer allegations of TMC patronising Maoists: Brinda
Tirunelveli (TN): Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh should answer allegations that UPA ally Trinamool
Congress was patronising Maoist violence, CPI(M) politburo
member Brinda Karat said Wednesday.
"They (Trinamool Congress) are backing Maoists who have
killed more than 166 comrades in West Bengal alone," she said
on the sidelines of an anti-untouchability conference here.
Referring to Ranganath Mishra committee`s recommendations
on minorities, she demanded that the Centre implement them,
which among other things, said discrimination on the basis of
religion should not be allowed.
"The Centre should inform Parliament about what action it
proposes to take on the committee`s recommendations".
On the rising prices of essential commodities, Karat
alleged that the UPA had utterly failed to rein in prices.
She referred to the plans to bring in cut motion in Lok
Sabha demanding rollback of prices of petroleum products and
fertilisers and said the Centre must reverse policies leading
to price rise. It should roll back prices of petroleum
products and take steps to distribute four crore tonnes of
wheat and rice rotting in godowns.
Referring to the Women`s Reservation Bill, Karat said her
party fully supported it and pointed out that two of three
party representatives to be sent to Rajya Sabha would be
Asked about representation of women in CPI(M) politburo,
she said in a lighter vein that "I am the only woman among 15
On the vexed Mullaperiyar dispute between Left Democratic
Front-ruled Kerala and DMK-ruled Tamil Nadu, she said the
issue is not confined to just these two states, but has all
India ramifications. "We need to find an amicable solution to
these disputes," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future