`PM should be assertive for collective integrity of cabinet`
Hyderabad: Team Anna Hazare member Kiran bedi on Wednesday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should be assertive for collective integrity of the cabinet as personal integrity as it is not enough to be honest personally.
"He has not been assertive enough if he is conscious about personal integrity. He should be equally assertive for collective integrity", Bedi said, adding "in parliamentary form of democracy, the Prime Minister is first among the equals".
Bedi said "we are giving 14 evidences that there has been moral turpitude and that it needs to be investigated. They are saying ok. How can you say ok without an inquiry", she told reporters.
Bedi said the Prime Minister cannot remain a mute spectator to alleged corruption or wrong doings like `Dhritarashtra` in Mahabharata.
Replying to a query, the team Anna member said she expects the next President of India to be an honest, wise and non-partisan person to whom the country can look up to.
Asked how the Team Anna saw the candidature of Pranab Mukherjee for President, Bedi said the team is not separating Mukherjee from the list of other cabinet ministers against whom it has levelled charges.
She, however, said later that issue (candidature of Mukherjee) is not official yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy