`PM should be assertive for collective integrity of cabinet`
Hyderabad: Team Anna Hazare member Kiran bedi on Wednesday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should be assertive for collective integrity of the cabinet as personal integrity as it is not enough to be honest personally.
"He has not been assertive enough if he is conscious about personal integrity. He should be equally assertive for collective integrity", Bedi said, adding "in parliamentary form of democracy, the Prime Minister is first among the equals".
Bedi said "we are giving 14 evidences that there has been moral turpitude and that it needs to be investigated. They are saying ok. How can you say ok without an inquiry", she told reporters.
Bedi said the Prime Minister cannot remain a mute spectator to alleged corruption or wrong doings like `Dhritarashtra` in Mahabharata.
Replying to a query, the team Anna member said she expects the next President of India to be an honest, wise and non-partisan person to whom the country can look up to.
Asked how the Team Anna saw the candidature of Pranab Mukherjee for President, Bedi said the team is not separating Mukherjee from the list of other cabinet ministers against whom it has levelled charges.
She, however, said later that issue (candidature of Mukherjee) is not official yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened