PM should be investigated in coalgate: BJP
New Delhi: Hitting back at the Congress for attacking the Opposition at its conclave, BJP today said the ruling party is living in "chronic denial" and sought to know whether Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should be investigated or "felicitated" for not taking action in coalgate and other scams.
Referring to Congress Working Committee criticising the Opposition at its meet yesterday, BJP expressed surprise that UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi had defended Singh when "some of the worst scams" have taken place under his rule.
"They have a right to criticise us and we have no objection to that. They have nothing to say about their own achievements but the manner in which the Opposition was criticised without any basis is unfortunate," BJP Chief spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
BJP charged that both Gandhi and Singh have tried to run away from the "stark reality" that price rise and corruption in the UPA government had hurt the Congress image inspite of over 40 Congress leaders conveying their "deep concern" over this at the conclave.
"The almost reckless criticism of the Opposition for articulating the ineffeciencies and corruption of this government is truly surprising.... To live in chronic denial is the DNA of Congress. It tries to run away from reality," Prasad said.
On the Coalgate scam, the party said CVC, and not the BJP, had found it "appropriate" that the coal allocations be investigated. BJP pointed out that Singh has held the coal portfolio for most of the time that UPA has been in power since 2004.
"Why should the Prime Minister not be investigated... Sorry to say Soniaji, but you have not done your homework well," Prasad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!