PM should be one with secular credentials: JD(U) on Modi
Patna/New Delhi: As a section within BJP saw Narendra Modi`s induction in the parliamentary board as a step towards his becoming Prime Ministerial candidate, key ally JD(U) on said only one with secular credentials should occupy the top slot.
Asked whether Modi`s inclusion is an indicator of his projection as PM candidate, JD(U) Bihar unit spokesman Niraj Kumar said, "JD(U) leadership`s stand in this regard has been known to one and all. We believe that a prime ministerial candidate should have secular credentials to take along diverse group of people of the country."
Kumar, however, went on to say that Modi`s induction is an "internal matter" of BJP.
"It (induction of Modi) is an internal matter of the BJP at the national level," he said in Patna.
In Delhi, JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav said he has no problem with the new team. "I have no problem with it."
On whether he foresaw any hitches in the future, he said, "who knows what will happen tomorrow."
Kumar said that the `Bihar Model` of development was the only guiding mantra on which the country could move forward by representing the aspirations of all sections of society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump