PM should be one with secular credentials: JD(U) on Modi
Patna/New Delhi: As a section within BJP saw Narendra Modi`s induction in the parliamentary board as a step towards his becoming Prime Ministerial candidate, key ally JD(U) on said only one with secular credentials should occupy the top slot.
Asked whether Modi`s inclusion is an indicator of his projection as PM candidate, JD(U) Bihar unit spokesman Niraj Kumar said, "JD(U) leadership`s stand in this regard has been known to one and all. We believe that a prime ministerial candidate should have secular credentials to take along diverse group of people of the country."
Kumar, however, went on to say that Modi`s induction is an "internal matter" of BJP.
"It (induction of Modi) is an internal matter of the BJP at the national level," he said in Patna.
In Delhi, JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav said he has no problem with the new team. "I have no problem with it."
On whether he foresaw any hitches in the future, he said, "who knows what will happen tomorrow."
Kumar said that the `Bihar Model` of development was the only guiding mantra on which the country could move forward by representing the aspirations of all sections of society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef