‘PM should clear air on troop movement report’
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi on Wednesday said the Prime Minister should "clear the air" and
ensure that the confidence of people remains unshaken in the
Army following a news report on the `unusual` troop movement
towards Delhi in the middle of January.
"Read newspaper story about Armed forces. PM should clear
the air so that confidence of people is not moved," Modi said
on social networking site Twitter.
According to the report, on the night of January 16,
there was an unexpected and non-notified movement by a key
military unit from the mechanised infantry based in Hisar in
the direction of the capital, the day Army Chief Gen V K Singh
approached the Supreme Court on the age issue.
Another unit - identified as a large element of the
50th Para Brigade based at Agra - was also moving towards
Both were stopped and ordered to be moved back, the report
said, virtually suggesting a possible coup attempt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi