‘PM should clear air on troop movement report’
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi on Wednesday said the Prime Minister should "clear the air" and
ensure that the confidence of people remains unshaken in the
Army following a news report on the `unusual` troop movement
towards Delhi in the middle of January.
"Read newspaper story about Armed forces. PM should clear
the air so that confidence of people is not moved," Modi said
on social networking site Twitter.
According to the report, on the night of January 16,
there was an unexpected and non-notified movement by a key
military unit from the mechanised infantry based in Hisar in
the direction of the capital, the day Army Chief Gen V K Singh
approached the Supreme Court on the age issue.
Another unit - identified as a large element of the
50th Para Brigade based at Agra - was also moving towards
Both were stopped and ordered to be moved back, the report
said, virtually suggesting a possible coup attempt.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory