‘PM should clear air on troop movement report’
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi on Wednesday said the Prime Minister should "clear the air" and
ensure that the confidence of people remains unshaken in the
Army following a news report on the `unusual` troop movement
towards Delhi in the middle of January.
"Read newspaper story about Armed forces. PM should clear
the air so that confidence of people is not moved," Modi said
on social networking site Twitter.
According to the report, on the night of January 16,
there was an unexpected and non-notified movement by a key
military unit from the mechanised infantry based in Hisar in
the direction of the capital, the day Army Chief Gen V K Singh
approached the Supreme Court on the age issue.
Another unit - identified as a large element of the
50th Para Brigade based at Agra - was also moving towards
Both were stopped and ordered to be moved back, the report
said, virtually suggesting a possible coup attempt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!