‘PM should clear air on troop movement report’
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi on Wednesday said the Prime Minister should "clear the air" and
ensure that the confidence of people remains unshaken in the
Army following a news report on the `unusual` troop movement
towards Delhi in the middle of January.
"Read newspaper story about Armed forces. PM should clear
the air so that confidence of people is not moved," Modi said
on social networking site Twitter.
According to the report, on the night of January 16,
there was an unexpected and non-notified movement by a key
military unit from the mechanised infantry based in Hisar in
the direction of the capital, the day Army Chief Gen V K Singh
approached the Supreme Court on the age issue.
Another unit - identified as a large element of the
50th Para Brigade based at Agra - was also moving towards
Both were stopped and ordered to be moved back, the report
said, virtually suggesting a possible coup attempt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!