PM should clear his stand on recent `communal flare up`: JD(U)
New Delhi: JD(U) on Saturday expressed deep concern over the recent communal flare up in different parts of the country and sought a "clear" stand from Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the issue.
It also said that it will coordinate with non-NDA opposition against "implementation of any hidden agenda of the government."
JD(U) General Secretary and party spokesman K C Tyagi while referring to recent statements of Goa Deputy Chief Minister, tension in Uttar Pradesh and statements made by VHP leaders, said that his party would like to know whether Narendra Modi acknowledges the statements of these leaders.
"JD(U) would like to know from the Prime Minister whether he acknowledges the statements made by Deputy CM of Goa, Ashok Singhal and Praveen Togadia. If not, then he should make his stand clear on these issues so that the nation can be saved from Godhra like incidents.
"JD(U) has decided to raise the question of the communal situation of the country in Parliament and will coordinate with non-NDA opposition against implementing the hidden agenda of the government," Tyagi said.
The party expressed concerns over incidents like murder of techie Mohsin Sadiq Shaikh in Pune in June or violence in Kanth area in Moradabad in Uttar Pradesh on July 4 where people were trying to hold a mahapanchayat and now Jalabhishek, and communal violence in Saharanpur.
He also expressed concern over statements made by VHP leaders Ashok Singhal, Praveen Togadia and on Goa Deputy chief minister who called India a Hindu nation.
"In the Parliament Prime Minister Narendra Modi had made a statement that his government is for development of the country. He said that for four years we will focus on development and in the 5th Year we will do politics but on the contrary the government has already indulged in politics even before the completion of 60 days in the government," Tyagi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future