PM should have offered to face CBI much earlier: BJP
Raipur: Senior BJP leader and former petroleum minister Ram Naik today said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should have appeared before the CBI in connection with the coal block allocation scam much earlier.
"Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should have come up for (recording) statement before CBI earlier," Naik said here, reacting to Singh`s recent statement that he was ready to face the agency.
"Why has he taken this step after the agency started its investigation," asked Naik. The UPA government had failed to control inflation, corruption and deteriorating internal and external security environment, he said.
All that government did was to change the people at the helm of petroleum ministry, Naik added, blaming wrong economic policies and fuel pricing policies for price hikes.
While on the border the Centre failed to take a tough stand against Pakistan over repeated ceasefire violations, it also failed to tackle the Naxalism inside the country, Naik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal