PM should have waited before inviting Sharif: BJP
New Delhi: The Prime Minister has shown haste in inviting Nawaz Sharif after his party`s victory in parliamentary elections and should have first assessed any positive change in Pakistan`s attitude towards India, the opposition BJP said on Monday.
"The Prime Minister has been in too much of a haste to invite Mr Nawaz Sharif. Infact, we should have waited to see what changes come about in Pakistan`s attitude towards India and if there were some positive signs, surely he would have invited him," BJP Vice President Balbir Punj said.
The BJP leader said it was too early to invite Sharif as he was yet to take over as the Prime Minister in Pakistan.
"But it is too early and infact it doesn`t make much sense to invite him even before he had been sworn in," Punj said.
The party had yesterday hailed the democratic transition in neighbouring Pakistan where Nawaz Sharif appeared set to return to power and had expressed hope that the new regime there would strengthen the process of improving ties with India.
"We are very happy that democracy has flourished in Pakistan... Only through democracy can our relations be improved," party spokesperson Prakash Javadekar had said yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- READ! Facts about the 'carpenter' Kusal Mendis who made history against Australia
- Shocking: MP police ask three accused to remove clothes in lock-up – Know what happens next
- Burhan Wani may have been spared, hints J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti
- ASUS unveils new ''ROG'' gaming desktop; price starts Rs 1.85 lakh
- 'Dishoom' mania: Jacqueline Fernandez can work with Rohit Dhawan a 'million times over'