PM should reject Pachauri panel report on Ram Sethu: Malhotra
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader VK Malhotra on Monday appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to reject RK Pachauri Committee`s report suggesting that an alternate route aimed to protect Ram Sethu, also called Adams Bridge, was not an acceptable option and not in public interest.
In a statement, the Opposition Leader in Delhi Assembly also warned of a countrywide agitation on the issue if the government failed to protect the Ram Sethu.
He said Ram Sethu is an invaluable national heritage and it should be protected at any cost.
The RK Pachauri committee, the report of which was submitted in Supreme Court recently, has suggested that an alternative route, other than cutting through the mythological Ram Sethu, for the controversial Sethusamudram project is not economically and ecologically feasible.
The Union Cabinet is yet to consider and take a decision on the report, the government informed the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites