PM should reject Pachauri panel report on Ram Sethu: Malhotra
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader VK Malhotra on Monday appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to reject RK Pachauri Committee`s report suggesting that an alternate route aimed to protect Ram Sethu, also called Adams Bridge, was not an acceptable option and not in public interest.
In a statement, the Opposition Leader in Delhi Assembly also warned of a countrywide agitation on the issue if the government failed to protect the Ram Sethu.
He said Ram Sethu is an invaluable national heritage and it should be protected at any cost.
The RK Pachauri committee, the report of which was submitted in Supreme Court recently, has suggested that an alternative route, other than cutting through the mythological Ram Sethu, for the controversial Sethusamudram project is not economically and ecologically feasible.
The Union Cabinet is yet to consider and take a decision on the report, the government informed the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it