PM should reject Pachauri panel report on Ram Sethu: Malhotra
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader VK Malhotra on Monday appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to reject RK Pachauri Committee`s report suggesting that an alternate route aimed to protect Ram Sethu, also called Adams Bridge, was not an acceptable option and not in public interest.
In a statement, the Opposition Leader in Delhi Assembly also warned of a countrywide agitation on the issue if the government failed to protect the Ram Sethu.
He said Ram Sethu is an invaluable national heritage and it should be protected at any cost.
The RK Pachauri committee, the report of which was submitted in Supreme Court recently, has suggested that an alternative route, other than cutting through the mythological Ram Sethu, for the controversial Sethusamudram project is not economically and ecologically feasible.
The Union Cabinet is yet to consider and take a decision on the report, the government informed the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter