PM should reject Pachauri panel report on Ram Sethu: Malhotra
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader VK Malhotra on Monday appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to reject RK Pachauri Committee`s report suggesting that an alternate route aimed to protect Ram Sethu, also called Adams Bridge, was not an acceptable option and not in public interest.
In a statement, the Opposition Leader in Delhi Assembly also warned of a countrywide agitation on the issue if the government failed to protect the Ram Sethu.
He said Ram Sethu is an invaluable national heritage and it should be protected at any cost.
The RK Pachauri committee, the report of which was submitted in Supreme Court recently, has suggested that an alternative route, other than cutting through the mythological Ram Sethu, for the controversial Sethusamudram project is not economically and ecologically feasible.
The Union Cabinet is yet to consider and take a decision on the report, the government informed the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi