PM should show his face in Parliament once a week: Kharge
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi "should show his face in parliament at least once a week", Congress leader in the Lok Sabha Mallikarjun Kharge said Tuesday.
"The Prime Minister should show his face, at least, once in a week. I do not expect him to come here every day", he said.
At the outset, Kharge said it was expected that the Prime Minister would give a statement on his foreign tour after his return about what had happened there.
"Our Prime Minister attended the BRICS Conference. After that, we expected that he would make a statement on what exactly happened at the BRICS conference. We should be aware of that and the entire country is also very eager to learn what the outcome of the BRICS conference is," he said.
A BJP member Rajiv Pratap Rudy remarked that Modi is a `working` Prime Minister and the government will respond later.
The Prime Minister was in Brazil recently to attend the 6th summit of leaders of BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) countries.
K V Thomas, who was in the Chair, said, "they will convey whatever you have said to the government."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!