PM should show his face in Parliament once a week: Kharge
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi "should show his face in parliament at least once a week", Congress leader in the Lok Sabha Mallikarjun Kharge said Tuesday.
"The Prime Minister should show his face, at least, once in a week. I do not expect him to come here every day", he said.
At the outset, Kharge said it was expected that the Prime Minister would give a statement on his foreign tour after his return about what had happened there.
"Our Prime Minister attended the BRICS Conference. After that, we expected that he would make a statement on what exactly happened at the BRICS conference. We should be aware of that and the entire country is also very eager to learn what the outcome of the BRICS conference is," he said.
A BJP member Rajiv Pratap Rudy remarked that Modi is a `working` Prime Minister and the government will respond later.
The Prime Minister was in Brazil recently to attend the 6th summit of leaders of BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) countries.
K V Thomas, who was in the Chair, said, "they will convey whatever you have said to the government."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic