PM should take moral responsibility for loss in coal scam: BJP
Hyderabad: Former Union Minister and BJP leader Bandaru Dattatreya today said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should take "moral responsibility" for wrongful loss to the exchequer due to the coal scam.
Lack of a transparent policy and not adopting scientific methods in allocation of coal blocks to private firms has caused Rs 1.86 lakh crore loss to the exchequer when the Prime Minister was holding the portfolio of the coal ministry, Dattatreya alleged talking to reporters here.
Singh had held charge of the coal ministry during the period when coal blocks allocation was done and he had to accept responsibility for the scam, the BJP leader said.
Rejection of the CAG report and adverse comment on it was an affront to the institution, he said, adding that the coal scam was bigger than other scams reported during the UPA regime.
Accusing the UPA government of failing to protect the natural resources of the country, Dattatreya alleged that the government was deeply seeped in various scams and people of the country were fed up with it as one after another scams were surfacing now and then.
Meanwhile, on the issue of a separate Telangana state, he said Andhra Pradesh party president G Kishan Reddy would stage a `Satyagraha` in New Delhi on September 3 in support of the demand and for introduction of a Bill for a separate Telangana in the ongoing session of the Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore