PM should talk to CMs on drought-like conditions: Rajnath
New Delhi: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Saturday
said the UPA government should not put the onus of fighting
price rise and drought-like conditions prevailing in the
country on the state governments as the latter had limited
"The Prime Minister knows that the resources of the state
governments are limited. Reports have been sent by several
state governments to the Centre that there are drought-like
conditions in their state and they need help. The Prime
Minister should also talk to the Chief Ministers on this
issue," Singh told reporters in reply to a question.
BJP will hold protest demonstrations at its district
headquarters on August 17 across the country against
government failure to control price rise.
Singh said UPA had shown in its earlier tenure of five
years that it did not have a firm grip on the economy.
"When they formed the government this time they promised
to control prices within the first 100 days but the prices
have actually gone up," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bipasha Basu just shared vignettes of 'mad love' on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'! – View pics
- IPL 2016, final: Five reasons why SunRisers Hyderabad will be no match for Virat Kohli and co
- Sharing stage with Madhuri Dixit, 'a moment to cherish forever' for Lisa Haydon!
- Karan Johar visits 'Befikre' sets, gets emotional cherishing 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' days!
- Bizarre: Man puts wife at stake in IPL gambling, loses her