PM should talk to CMs on drought-like conditions: Rajnath
New Delhi: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Saturday
said the UPA government should not put the onus of fighting
price rise and drought-like conditions prevailing in the
country on the state governments as the latter had limited
"The Prime Minister knows that the resources of the state
governments are limited. Reports have been sent by several
state governments to the Centre that there are drought-like
conditions in their state and they need help. The Prime
Minister should also talk to the Chief Ministers on this
issue," Singh told reporters in reply to a question.
BJP will hold protest demonstrations at its district
headquarters on August 17 across the country against
government failure to control price rise.
Singh said UPA had shown in its earlier tenure of five
years that it did not have a firm grip on the economy.
"When they formed the government this time they promised
to control prices within the first 100 days but the prices
have actually gone up," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video