PM should worry about drought, price rise not us: BJP
New Delhi: A day after Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh commented about the problems within BJP, the
party on Sunday expressed its ire saying instead of worrying about
it he should concentrate on tackling drought and price rise
even as party president Rajnath Singh wrote a letter to him on
the twin issues affecting the country.
"The Prime Minister is worried about the BJP. We have
told him to worry about price rise and drought and give relief
to the people. We will worry about the BJP, you worry about
the people and if you don`t then we will compel you to do it
through agitations," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
Yesterday Singh commented in Ramsar, about 60 km from
Barmer, that there should be stability in all parties.
"It (infighting in BJP) is not good. In a democracy,
stability in political parties is necessary. If there is
instability, it will have an impact on the country," he said
when asked about the crisis in BJP.
Meanwhile, Rajnath Singh today wrote a letter to the
Prime Minister demanding setting up of a National Task Force
on adaptation to climate change and sustainable agriculture in
the wake of the prevailing drought in the country.
"A determined national alliance and action by all
stakeholders, including the government, policy planners,
scientists, civil society, and, of course, the farmers, is a
must to blunt the disaster," the BJP president said in his
The BJP president said nearly 250 districts of the
country have been declared drought-affected and foodgrain
production may dip substantially by 10 per cent, affecting the
rabi crops as well.
"The drought in Kharif season and high temperatures in
Rabi season will respectively weaken rice and wheat economy --
the two legs of food security and agrarian prosperity of the
nation," he said.
Expressing concern over the affect of drought on
prices of foodgrains, Singh said "Due to weak monsoon, the
spiralling prices of foodgrains are further shooting up and
taking its toll on the poor," he said.
The BJP leader has demanded that the government should
make arrangements to ensure immediate supply of foodgrains to
poor and needy at nominal prices.
"Establishment of village seed banks, foodgrain banks,
feed and fodder banks, water banks and village knowledge
centres for early warning and information sharing will also go
a long way in mitigating the adverse impacts arising from
climate change," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read