PM, Sonia and Rahul need to communicate more, feels Jairam Ramesh
Zee News Bureau/Manisha Singh
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi have often been accused of remaining silent on various issues and not communicating enough with the media and the people at large.
Accepting that the trio should communicate more, Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh told a leading daily that as politics was all about communication, the three leaders should be talking more.
However, he added in the same vein that he was confident that they would do so at the appropriate time. The Congress leader also pointed to the fact that whenever the PM had given an impromptu speech, he has simply torn apart the Opposition, especially the BJP.
He also said that the Congress party was not worried about the BJP`s PM candidate Narendra Modi`s campaign, adding that grand old party had substance and only thing that the party needed to do was to improve their style. Jairam accused the BJP of going overboard even though they had no substance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16