PM, Sonia attend Jitin Prasada`s wedding reception
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi were among the dignitaries at young Congress MP and Union Minister Jitin Prasada`s wedding reception here tonight.
Gandhi came to the reception for a short while and
blessed Prasada and his wife Neha Seth.
Prime Minister Singh, along with his wife Gursharan Kaur,
also graced the occasion for a brief while and left after
blessing the newly married couple and having some sweets.
Prasada got married to Neha, a former TV journalist, at a
private ceremony yesterday.
Several cabinet ministers, including Minister for Power
Sushil Kumar Shinde, Minister for Minority and Corporate
Affairs Salman Khurshid, and Minister of State for External
Affairs Shashi Tharoor, attended the reception.
Samajwadi Party MP from Badayun (UP) Dharmendra Yadav,
controversial politician Raja Bhaiyya, former Union Minister
Ram Vilas Paswan and Sahara Group chairman Subrata Roy were
UP Congress Legislative Party president Pramod Tiwari
along with a group of state Congress leaders was also present
on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet