PM, Sonia to visit Kashmir despite terror strike
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will go ahead with his visit to Kashmir tomorrow despite the terror attack in Srinagar on Monday.
PMO sources said there is no change in the Prime Minister`s schedule.
Singh will be undertaking a two-day visit along with UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi to Jammu and Kashmir from tomorrow.
During the visit, Singh is expected to announce a package for border areas of the state.
The Prime Minister and Gandhi will also launch train service between Qazigund in Kashmir and Banihal in Jammu, providing an all-weather surface link to the Valley that often gets cut off from rest of the country in the winter due to heavy snowfall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt