PM, Sonia to visit Kashmir despite terror strike
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will go ahead with his visit to Kashmir tomorrow despite the terror attack in Srinagar on Monday.
PMO sources said there is no change in the Prime Minister`s schedule.
Singh will be undertaking a two-day visit along with UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi to Jammu and Kashmir from tomorrow.
During the visit, Singh is expected to announce a package for border areas of the state.
The Prime Minister and Gandhi will also launch train service between Qazigund in Kashmir and Banihal in Jammu, providing an all-weather surface link to the Valley that often gets cut off from rest of the country in the winter due to heavy snowfall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country