PM stresses on the importance of social media
Kochi: Prime Minister, Manmohan Singh, on Sunday acknowledged the increasing influential role of social media in present times, he said that the "relatively static` print medium retained its relevance as it was "more credible and better informed."
Singh was in Kochi on Sunday where he was inaugurating the 90th anniversary celebrations of an Indian newspaper, `Mathrubhumi`.
"Media, too, sometimes contributes towards making news. This is particularly true of the social media which is playing an ever increasing role in our life. The internet has telescoped events to a degree unheard of in human history. However, the relatively static medium of print retains a special relevance because it can be more credible and better informed, "said Singh.
Singh also lauded the journalism practiced by the Malayalam daily which has made the paper earn a faithful readership in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air