PM stresses on the importance of social media
Kochi: Prime Minister, Manmohan Singh, on Sunday acknowledged the increasing influential role of social media in present times, he said that the "relatively static` print medium retained its relevance as it was "more credible and better informed."
Singh was in Kochi on Sunday where he was inaugurating the 90th anniversary celebrations of an Indian newspaper, `Mathrubhumi`.
"Media, too, sometimes contributes towards making news. This is particularly true of the social media which is playing an ever increasing role in our life. The internet has telescoped events to a degree unheard of in human history. However, the relatively static medium of print retains a special relevance because it can be more credible and better informed, "said Singh.
Singh also lauded the journalism practiced by the Malayalam daily which has made the paper earn a faithful readership in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?