PM stresses on the importance of social media
Kochi: Prime Minister, Manmohan Singh, on Sunday acknowledged the increasing influential role of social media in present times, he said that the "relatively static` print medium retained its relevance as it was "more credible and better informed."
Singh was in Kochi on Sunday where he was inaugurating the 90th anniversary celebrations of an Indian newspaper, `Mathrubhumi`.
"Media, too, sometimes contributes towards making news. This is particularly true of the social media which is playing an ever increasing role in our life. The internet has telescoped events to a degree unheard of in human history. However, the relatively static medium of print retains a special relevance because it can be more credible and better informed, "said Singh.
Singh also lauded the journalism practiced by the Malayalam daily which has made the paper earn a faithful readership in the region.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels