PM stresses on the importance of social media
Kochi: Prime Minister, Manmohan Singh, on Sunday acknowledged the increasing influential role of social media in present times, he said that the "relatively static` print medium retained its relevance as it was "more credible and better informed."
Singh was in Kochi on Sunday where he was inaugurating the 90th anniversary celebrations of an Indian newspaper, `Mathrubhumi`.
"Media, too, sometimes contributes towards making news. This is particularly true of the social media which is playing an ever increasing role in our life. The internet has telescoped events to a degree unheard of in human history. However, the relatively static medium of print retains a special relevance because it can be more credible and better informed, "said Singh.
Singh also lauded the journalism practiced by the Malayalam daily which has made the paper earn a faithful readership in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars