PM talks to Karzai, discusses situation after Embassy attack
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
on Saturday spoke to Afghan President Hamid Karzai and discussed the
situation arising out of Thursday`s attack on Indian Embassy
Singh expressed deep sorrow over the death of 17 Afghans
in the attack on the Indian Embassy and offered to arrange
for medical treatment of the critically wounded, official
The two leaders discussed the situation in the aftermath
of the attack.
India may also announce assistance to the families of
two Afghan policemen constables Alam Khan and Mohammad
Usman whose alertness prevented a greater catastrophe as they
prevented the explosives-laden vehicle from gaining access to
the Embassy gate.
The Prime Minister`s telephonic talk with Karzai came
hours after Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao returned from Kabul
after a two-day visit to take stock of the situation in the
wake of the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'