PM to address Maldivian Parliament
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will
address Peoples` Majlis in Male next week during his visit to
the SAARC Summit, making him the first foreign Head of
Government to address the Maldivian Parliament in its
Official sources told PTI that Speaker of the Peoples’
Majlis Abdullah Shahid has sent a formal invitation to the
Prime Minister to address the Majlis during his official visit
to Maldives for the two-day SAARC Summit on November 10-11,
which has been accepted.
Shahid has mentioned in the letter that the proposal to
invite Singh was approved unanimously in the Majlis, which has
77 members, and that the Indian Prime Minister’s address would
be means to strengthen ties between the two countries, they
This will be second time Singh has been honoured to
address any country`s Parliament for the first time. The Prime
Minister had earlier addressed joint session of Afghan
Parliament during his visit there in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III