PM to explain hard decisions at Congress meet
New Delhi: Against the backdrop of attack over decision on FDI, hike in diesel and cap on LPG cylinders, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will highlight the reasons for these tough decisions on Friday at the Congress conclave with a pep talk to party leaders on how to dispel the "misgivings".
Sources said the Prime Minister will utilise the Congress meet in Surajkund, on the outskirts of Delhi, to explain to party leaders and cadres why these decisions had to be taken.
He is expected to underscore that these decisions were necessary as the country`s economy is facing testing times on account of international situation and slowdown domestically.
The government has been under sharp attack over its decision to allow 51 per cent FDI in multi-brand retail, hike in diesel prices and capping of subsidised LPG cylinders at 6 annually.
Singh is expected to spell out the positive impact of these decisions, particularly that on FDI in retail, the sources said.
He is likely to advise Congress leaders and cadres to work for dispelling "misgivings" on these issues.
The sources said that despite difficulties and transparency in government functioning, India has been witnessing rapid growth, drawing a parallel with China where everything is state controlled.
This is expected to be articulated by the Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!