PM to inaugurate Anantnag-Qazigund rail link
Srinagar: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will
inaugurate tomorrow the train service between
Anantnag-Qazigund section which will connect the Kashmir
valley to the rest of the country and is expected to make an
important speech on the dialogue his government has promised
to the state.
Singh, who is undertaking a two-day visit to the state,
the first during his second tenure, will flag off the new
train service on the 18-km line which will link the valley
with Srinagar and other important places.
He will address a public meeting after the inauguration
in which he may speak on the dialogue with all shades of
opinion in the state.
Home Minister P Chidambaram had recently said that the
government would hold talks with every section of political
opinion in the state through "quiet dialogue, quiet diplomacy"
to find a political solution to the Kashmir problem that may
Several Union Ministers including Ghulam Nabi Azad,
Farooq Abdulah, Mamata Banerjee and Chief Minister Omar
Abdullah will attend the inaugural ceremony.
With the opening of the line, the Railways have completed
119 km long Qazigund-Baramulla section of the Kashmir rail
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan