PM to inaugurate Anantnag-Qazigund rail link
Srinagar: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will
inaugurate tomorrow the train service between
Anantnag-Qazigund section which will connect the Kashmir
valley to the rest of the country and is expected to make an
important speech on the dialogue his government has promised
to the state.
Singh, who is undertaking a two-day visit to the state,
the first during his second tenure, will flag off the new
train service on the 18-km line which will link the valley
with Srinagar and other important places.
He will address a public meeting after the inauguration
in which he may speak on the dialogue with all shades of
opinion in the state.
Home Minister P Chidambaram had recently said that the
government would hold talks with every section of political
opinion in the state through "quiet dialogue, quiet diplomacy"
to find a political solution to the Kashmir problem that may
Several Union Ministers including Ghulam Nabi Azad,
Farooq Abdulah, Mamata Banerjee and Chief Minister Omar
Abdullah will attend the inaugural ceremony.
With the opening of the line, the Railways have completed
119 km long Qazigund-Baramulla section of the Kashmir rail
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof