PM to inaugurate Anantnag-Qazigund rail link
Srinagar: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will
inaugurate tomorrow the train service between
Anantnag-Qazigund section which will connect the Kashmir
valley to the rest of the country and is expected to make an
important speech on the dialogue his government has promised
to the state.
Singh, who is undertaking a two-day visit to the state,
the first during his second tenure, will flag off the new
train service on the 18-km line which will link the valley
with Srinagar and other important places.
He will address a public meeting after the inauguration
in which he may speak on the dialogue with all shades of
opinion in the state.
Home Minister P Chidambaram had recently said that the
government would hold talks with every section of political
opinion in the state through "quiet dialogue, quiet diplomacy"
to find a political solution to the Kashmir problem that may
Several Union Ministers including Ghulam Nabi Azad,
Farooq Abdulah, Mamata Banerjee and Chief Minister Omar
Abdullah will attend the inaugural ceremony.
With the opening of the line, the Railways have completed
119 km long Qazigund-Baramulla section of the Kashmir rail
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie