PM to open meeting of top defence commanders
New Delhi: Amid concerns over the security
situation in the region, top commanders of all three defence
services will meet here in a brain storming three day-session
to be inaugurated by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on October
In his interaction with the three services chiefs,
military commanders and Principal Staff Officers (PSOs) during
the Combined Commanders Conference, the Prime Minister is
expected to discuss the security scenario in the region
including the situation in Pakistan and Afghanistan, Defence
Ministry officials said here.
"The Services will also get to interact with Finance
Minister Pranab Mukherjee, Home Minister P Chidambaram and
External Affairs Minister S M Krishna," they said.
The Prime Minister is also likely to discuss the progress
in infrastructure development programme in the North East and
modernization of military capabilities there.
Meanwhile, focusing on the macro-level issues of military
preparedness and combat capabilities, the bi-annual Army
Commanders Conference would be held here from 10 to 14
"The Conference will focus on macro issues such as
operational preparedness, equipment sustainment for mission
readiness and maximizing combat power generation capability of
the Army including improvement of habitat in high altitude,"
the officials said.
It will also hold discussions on enhancing professional
military education, logistics and administrative aspects.
Procedures to ensure efficient budgetary management too
would be high on the agenda while the last two days will be
devoted to discuss matters related to military operational and
human resource development, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP