PM to take appropriate decision on participation in CHOGM: Narayanasamy
New Delhi: In the wake of demands for India boycotting the CHOGM summit in Colombo, Minister of State for PMO V Narayanasamy on Thursday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will take an "appropriate" decision on participation in the event after looking into all relevant issues.
"The Prime Minister will weigh the pros and cons and then take a decision," he told reporters here when asked about India`s participation in Commonwealth Heads of Government summit in Sri Lanka next month.
Narayanasamy said there is still some time for India to take a decision on the Prime Minister`s visit to Colombo.
"In any case, the meeting is in November," he said.
Asked about the demands of Tamil Nadu political parties to boycott the CHOGM, the Minister said Sri Lanka should allay the concerns raised by the political parties about Tamils living in the island nation.
"Sri Lankan government should respond positively to the concerns raised by Tamil Nadu politicians," he said.
Scaling up pressure on the Centre, Tamil Nadu assembly today passed a unanimous resolution demanding that India "completely" boycott CHGM in Sri Lanka next month and seek "temporary suspension" of the island nation from the grouping till it grants equal status to Tamils living there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened