PM to visit Golden Temple on New Year
Amritsar: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will
begin the New Year by visiting the Golden Temple here and
offering prayers at the Durgiana Temple.
The Prime Minister along with his Gursharan Kaur would
tomorrow land at Raja Sansi Airport here in evening, a top
level district official said.
Singh with his wife are scheduled to visit the Golden
Temple on Sunday morning where the Prime Minister may stay for
some time to listen Shabad Kirtan (hymns), he said.
The couple will then visit the Durgiana Temple, dedicated
to Goddess Durga, here, the official said.
An advance party, including officials from the PMO and
NSG, accompanied by local Police Commissioner R P Mittal,
Deputy Commissioner of Civil Administration Rajat Aggarwal,
reviewed the security arrangements inside the premises of the
They also held a meeting with SGPC officials. Official
said Singh`s visit was a personal one.
On being contacted, Surjit Singh Kohli, brother of Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh, also confirmed the PM`s visit.
Kohli said he and another brother Daljit Singh Kohli,
sisters Gian Kaur, Nirman Kaur and Manjit Kaur along with
their husbands may meet the Prime Minister in the Circuit
House on Sunday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi