PM to visit Golden Temple on New Year
Amritsar: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will
begin the New Year by visiting the Golden Temple here and
offering prayers at the Durgiana Temple.
The Prime Minister along with his Gursharan Kaur would
tomorrow land at Raja Sansi Airport here in evening, a top
level district official said.
Singh with his wife are scheduled to visit the Golden
Temple on Sunday morning where the Prime Minister may stay for
some time to listen Shabad Kirtan (hymns), he said.
The couple will then visit the Durgiana Temple, dedicated
to Goddess Durga, here, the official said.
An advance party, including officials from the PMO and
NSG, accompanied by local Police Commissioner R P Mittal,
Deputy Commissioner of Civil Administration Rajat Aggarwal,
reviewed the security arrangements inside the premises of the
They also held a meeting with SGPC officials. Official
said Singh`s visit was a personal one.
On being contacted, Surjit Singh Kohli, brother of Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh, also confirmed the PM`s visit.
Kohli said he and another brother Daljit Singh Kohli,
sisters Gian Kaur, Nirman Kaur and Manjit Kaur along with
their husbands may meet the Prime Minister in the Circuit
House on Sunday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users