PM to visit Hyderabad on Sunday
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will visit Hyderabad on Sunday to take stock of the situation in the aftermath of twin bomb blasts there.
Singh will visit the hospital where the injured are being treated besides taking a briefing from Chief Minister Kiran Reddy, sources said.
Two bombs exploded within a span of minutes in Hyderabad on Thursday evening, killing 16 people and injuring 117.
The central government yesterday came under sharp attack in Parliament, with the Opposition saying terror was being dealt with in a casual manner.
Strongly condemning the blasts, the Prime Minister had said soon after the incident that those responsible for the "dastardly" act would not go unpunished.
He appealed to the public to remain calm and maintain peace.
Singh has sanctioned Rs 2 lakh each to next of kin of those killed in the blasts and Rs 50,000 each to those seriously injured from the PM`s Relief Fund.
Investigators today claimed to have got "vital clues" in the probe, with the needle of suspicion zeroing in on banned militant outfit Indian Mujahideen.
Police announced Rs 10 lakh award for information leading to the perpetrators of the serial blasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem