PM to visit Hyderabad on Sunday
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will visit Hyderabad on Sunday to take stock of the situation in the aftermath of twin bomb blasts there.
Singh will visit the hospital where the injured are being treated besides taking a briefing from Chief Minister Kiran Reddy, sources said.
Two bombs exploded within a span of minutes in Hyderabad on Thursday evening, killing 16 people and injuring 117.
The central government yesterday came under sharp attack in Parliament, with the Opposition saying terror was being dealt with in a casual manner.
Strongly condemning the blasts, the Prime Minister had said soon after the incident that those responsible for the "dastardly" act would not go unpunished.
He appealed to the public to remain calm and maintain peace.
Singh has sanctioned Rs 2 lakh each to next of kin of those killed in the blasts and Rs 50,000 each to those seriously injured from the PM`s Relief Fund.
Investigators today claimed to have got "vital clues" in the probe, with the needle of suspicion zeroing in on banned militant outfit Indian Mujahideen.
Police announced Rs 10 lakh award for information leading to the perpetrators of the serial blasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...