PM to visit Leh Tuesday, likely to announce relief package
Leh: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, along
with UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi, pays a day-long visit here
tomorrow to take stock of relief and rehabilitation undertaken
in the aftermath of flashfloods and is likely to announce a Rs
250-crore package for the victims of the calamity.
The Prime Minister is likely to visit some of the
hospitals where the injured in last week`s natural calamity
have been admitted for treatment.
United Progressive Alliance Chairperson Sonia Gandhi
will also accompany the Prime Minister during the visit.
Singh will chair a meeting with senior officials
regarding relief and rehabilitation measures already taken in
The Prime Minister had promised in his Independence Day
address that every possible effort would be made to provide
relief in the region affected by the calamity.
The Prime Minister had earlier announced an ex-gratia
relief of Rs one lakh each to the kin of the deceased and Rs
50,000 each to the seriously injured from the PM`s National
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living