PM to visit Leh Tuesday, likely to announce relief package
Leh: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, along
with UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi, pays a day-long visit here
tomorrow to take stock of relief and rehabilitation undertaken
in the aftermath of flashfloods and is likely to announce a Rs
250-crore package for the victims of the calamity.
The Prime Minister is likely to visit some of the
hospitals where the injured in last week`s natural calamity
have been admitted for treatment.
United Progressive Alliance Chairperson Sonia Gandhi
will also accompany the Prime Minister during the visit.
Singh will chair a meeting with senior officials
regarding relief and rehabilitation measures already taken in
The Prime Minister had promised in his Independence Day
address that every possible effort would be made to provide
relief in the region affected by the calamity.
The Prime Minister had earlier announced an ex-gratia
relief of Rs one lakh each to the kin of the deceased and Rs
50,000 each to the seriously injured from the PM`s National
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP