PM to visit Leh Tuesday, likely to announce relief package
Leh: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, along
with UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi, pays a day-long visit here
tomorrow to take stock of relief and rehabilitation undertaken
in the aftermath of flashfloods and is likely to announce a Rs
250-crore package for the victims of the calamity.
The Prime Minister is likely to visit some of the
hospitals where the injured in last week`s natural calamity
have been admitted for treatment.
United Progressive Alliance Chairperson Sonia Gandhi
will also accompany the Prime Minister during the visit.
Singh will chair a meeting with senior officials
regarding relief and rehabilitation measures already taken in
The Prime Minister had promised in his Independence Day
address that every possible effort would be made to provide
relief in the region affected by the calamity.
The Prime Minister had earlier announced an ex-gratia
relief of Rs one lakh each to the kin of the deceased and Rs
50,000 each to the seriously injured from the PM`s National
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!