PM to visit Leh Tuesday, likely to announce relief package
Leh: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, along
with UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi, pays a day-long visit here
tomorrow to take stock of relief and rehabilitation undertaken
in the aftermath of flashfloods and is likely to announce a Rs
250-crore package for the victims of the calamity.
The Prime Minister is likely to visit some of the
hospitals where the injured in last week`s natural calamity
have been admitted for treatment.
United Progressive Alliance Chairperson Sonia Gandhi
will also accompany the Prime Minister during the visit.
Singh will chair a meeting with senior officials
regarding relief and rehabilitation measures already taken in
The Prime Minister had promised in his Independence Day
address that every possible effort would be made to provide
relief in the region affected by the calamity.
The Prime Minister had earlier announced an ex-gratia
relief of Rs one lakh each to the kin of the deceased and Rs
50,000 each to the seriously injured from the PM`s National
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress