PM to visit Pak only if some ‘deliverable’ comes out: India
New Delhi: Notwithstanding a formal invitation from Pakistan for Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the visit will only take place if something "concrete" and "deliverable" will come out of such a trip.
President Asif Ali Zardari had last week formally invited Singh to visit Pakistan, saying the trip would provide an opportunity to take stock of bilateral relations.
Zardari suggested that if Singh`s visit coincided with celebrations to mark the birth anniversary of Guru Nanak in November, it would be well received by the Pakistani people and reinforce the desire of both countries to promote inter-religious harmony.
The view in New Delhi is that the visit will be more meaningful if something "concrete" and deliverable" comes out of it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29