PM to visit Pak only if some ‘deliverable’ comes out: India
New Delhi: Notwithstanding a formal invitation from Pakistan for Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the visit will only take place if something "concrete" and "deliverable" will come out of such a trip.
President Asif Ali Zardari had last week formally invited Singh to visit Pakistan, saying the trip would provide an opportunity to take stock of bilateral relations.
Zardari suggested that if Singh`s visit coincided with celebrations to mark the birth anniversary of Guru Nanak in November, it would be well received by the Pakistani people and reinforce the desire of both countries to promote inter-religious harmony.
The view in New Delhi is that the visit will be more meaningful if something "concrete" and deliverable" comes out of it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands