PM to visit violence-hit Assam on Saturday
Kokrajhar: As the violence continues unabated in Assam, even spreading to new areas, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has decided to visit the state.
As per officials, PM Singh will visit violence-hit areas of Assam on Saturday.
The death toll in clashes between illegal Muslim immigrants and Bodo tribals, and subsequent police firing has risen to 41.
Also, over two lakh people from 400 villages are living in some 120 relief camps after moving out of the violence hit areas.
Indefinite curfew continues to remain imposed in two districts of Assam`s north-west, while shoot-at-sight orders also continue to remain in place in four districts - Kokrajhar, Dhubri, Chirang and Bongaigaon.
The Army has also deployed its thirteen columns in affected areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?