PM to visit violence-hit Assam on Saturday
Kokrajhar: As the violence continues unabated in Assam, even spreading to new areas, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has decided to visit the state.
As per officials, PM Singh will visit violence-hit areas of Assam on Saturday.
The death toll in clashes between illegal Muslim immigrants and Bodo tribals, and subsequent police firing has risen to 41.
Also, over two lakh people from 400 villages are living in some 120 relief camps after moving out of the violence hit areas.
Indefinite curfew continues to remain imposed in two districts of Assam`s north-west, while shoot-at-sight orders also continue to remain in place in four districts - Kokrajhar, Dhubri, Chirang and Bongaigaon.
The Army has also deployed its thirteen columns in affected areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday