PM unable to take tough decisions: Mulayam Singh Yadav
Azamgarh: Taking potshots at the UPA government at the Centre over growing incidents of ceasefire violations by Pakistan, Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Tuesday alleged the Prime Minister had been made helpless and he was not able to take tough decisions.
"When I was the Defence Minister I had said in case of firing from the Pakistani side, there should be counter-fire from all sides.
"At that time we damaged their 65 bunkers and after that there was not a single attack from Pakistani side. What is the reason that attacks are taking place today," Mulayam told a party rally here.
"Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has been made helpless. He cannot take tough decisions. If the PM is weak, the country will become weak," the SP chief said at the "Desh Bachao and Desh Banao" rally.
He said questions were asked why he looked only towards China and not towards Pakistan.
"I said you look in the front only, but I look at a considerable distance. Pakistan is a small enemy while China is a bigger one," Mulayam said.
Wooing Muslims ahead of Lok Sabha polls, he said their condition was "pitiable".
The Sachar Committee, in its report, had mentioned the Muslim community as the most backward in the country, the SP leader said.
"Therefore, they need special treatment," he said.
Referring to the formation of a third front, Mulayam said it would take shape only after the general elections.
Several political parties including JD (U), CPI and SP were holding discussions in this regard, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog