PM under Lokpal ambit will weaken nation: Paswan
New Delhi: Lok Janshakti Party leader Ram Vilas Paswan on Friday said that bringing the prime minister under the ambit of Lokpal would weaken the nation and provide an opportunity to "hostile" neighbours to target India.
"The Prime Minister should not be kept in the Lokpal
ambit, as it will weaken the nation. If the PM will have brain
haemorrhage, then the body will not function.... the nation
cannot function," Paswan told reporters outside Parliament.
He said to remove the Prime Minister, there are many
provisions like the no confidence motion, but the institution
of Prime Minister should not be weakened by bringing it under
the Lokpal ambit.
"There are provisions like adjournment motion and no
confidence motion to remove the government. You should make
use of such options instead and not the Lokpal," he said.
He said that "we have hostile neighbours. It will give
them an opportunity to target the nation if PM is weakened. We
will give an opportunity to the countries which are our
neighbours, are hostile towards us".
On the FDI in retail sector, Paswan felt that the message
that the common people are getting now was that the small
traders will perish once FDI comes in.
"The government should tell what FDI means. If the
government is convinced, then the government should make
everyone aware on it. Only then the people will judge it," he
He felt that small traders and hawkers would never perish.
"They will continue to be there."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why