PM unleashing financial terror: BJP
New Delhi: The BJP on Saturday accused Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of unleashing financial terror, a day after his government announced a slew of FDI reform measures.
Also, on Thursday, the government had hiked diesel prices and capped supply of subsidised cooking gas cylinders to six per year per consumer.
Speaking to a news channel, BJP leader Rajiv Pratap Rudy said, “We can’t have a PM who is virtually unleashing financial terror.”
“He is the same PM who used to talk of 9 per cent growth but has now landed with 5 per cent growth.
The country has become bankrupt in his tenure, Rudy said, adding his government is imposing more and more taxes.
“He can’t handle corruption, he can’t control inflation; what can he do then?” Rudy asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list