PM unleashing financial terror: BJP
New Delhi: The BJP on Saturday accused Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of unleashing financial terror, a day after his government announced a slew of FDI reform measures.
Also, on Thursday, the government had hiked diesel prices and capped supply of subsidised cooking gas cylinders to six per year per consumer.
Speaking to a news channel, BJP leader Rajiv Pratap Rudy said, “We can’t have a PM who is virtually unleashing financial terror.”
“He is the same PM who used to talk of 9 per cent growth but has now landed with 5 per cent growth.
The country has become bankrupt in his tenure, Rudy said, adding his government is imposing more and more taxes.
“He can’t handle corruption, he can’t control inflation; what can he do then?” Rudy asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city