PM unleashing financial terror: BJP
New Delhi: The BJP on Saturday accused Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of unleashing financial terror, a day after his government announced a slew of FDI reform measures.
Also, on Thursday, the government had hiked diesel prices and capped supply of subsidised cooking gas cylinders to six per year per consumer.
Speaking to a news channel, BJP leader Rajiv Pratap Rudy said, “We can’t have a PM who is virtually unleashing financial terror.”
“He is the same PM who used to talk of 9 per cent growth but has now landed with 5 per cent growth.
The country has become bankrupt in his tenure, Rudy said, adding his government is imposing more and more taxes.
“He can’t handle corruption, he can’t control inflation; what can he do then?” Rudy asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Anurag Thakur is Lt Anurag Thakur now, joins Territorial Army – Watch his pics here
- What an achievement! Anurag Thakur becomes first BJP MP to be commissioned into Territorial Army
- Rahul Gandhi kicks off Congress' poll campaign in Lucknow; vows to make UP no. 1 state, praises Sheila Dikshit
- Jeff Bezos world's third-richest, surpasses Warren Buffett: Forbes
- RBI to keep rates unchanged in August 9 policy: ICRA