PM urged to convey India`s concerns on terrorism to Pak
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Rajnath Singh on Saturday said a meaningful dialogue with Pakistan can only take place after the Asian neighbour takes firm steps to stop the terrorism emanating from its soil.
"If there is any kind of a political dialogue or discussion on any diplomatic issue then the Prime Minister should directly tell Pakistan to takes firm steps to stop the terrorism emanating from its soil, till then I believe that any kind of a dialogue holds no significance," he said, when asked to comment on External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid’s move to host lunch for the visiting Pakistan Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf in Jaipur.
Meanwhile, BJP leader Balbir Punj commenting on the issue said India`s attitude towards Pakistan has always been very unrealistic, and added that the hospitality being extended to the Pakistani Prime Minister on his private and religious visit to India is extremely unfortunate.
"And the proposal to host a lunch in his honour on an official level, particularly when there has been tension on the Indo-Pak border and the Pakistani Army and the non-state actors in that country have been guilty of most inhuman crimes against the Indian soldiers, it is really very very unfortunate and we condemn it," he added.
The Pakistani Prime Minister arrived in Jaipur this afternoon on a private trip to pay homage to Sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti at his dargah in Ajmer. Ashraf is the first Pakistani leader to visit India after the brutal beheading of two Indian jawans along the LoC by the Pakistani troops in January this year.
External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid, who has ruled out any diplomatic talks with the visiting Pakistani Prime Minister, hosted a lunch in his honour at Rambagh Palace in Jaipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price