PM urged to convey India`s concerns on terrorism to Pak
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Rajnath Singh on Saturday said a meaningful dialogue with Pakistan can only take place after the Asian neighbour takes firm steps to stop the terrorism emanating from its soil.
"If there is any kind of a political dialogue or discussion on any diplomatic issue then the Prime Minister should directly tell Pakistan to takes firm steps to stop the terrorism emanating from its soil, till then I believe that any kind of a dialogue holds no significance," he said, when asked to comment on External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid’s move to host lunch for the visiting Pakistan Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf in Jaipur.
Meanwhile, BJP leader Balbir Punj commenting on the issue said India`s attitude towards Pakistan has always been very unrealistic, and added that the hospitality being extended to the Pakistani Prime Minister on his private and religious visit to India is extremely unfortunate.
"And the proposal to host a lunch in his honour on an official level, particularly when there has been tension on the Indo-Pak border and the Pakistani Army and the non-state actors in that country have been guilty of most inhuman crimes against the Indian soldiers, it is really very very unfortunate and we condemn it," he added.
The Pakistani Prime Minister arrived in Jaipur this afternoon on a private trip to pay homage to Sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti at his dargah in Ajmer. Ashraf is the first Pakistani leader to visit India after the brutal beheading of two Indian jawans along the LoC by the Pakistani troops in January this year.
External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid, who has ruled out any diplomatic talks with the visiting Pakistani Prime Minister, hosted a lunch in his honour at Rambagh Palace in Jaipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview