PM used to tolerating undeserving things: Azam Khan
Rampur: Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan has taken a jibe at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, saying he does not deserve to hold the top job as he is "used to tolerating undeserving things".
"He (Singh) does not deserve to hold the pivotal position. He is used to tolerate all undeserving things," said Azam.
He also said that he was saddened by the conviction of two leaders -- Lalu Prasad Yadav and Rasheed Masood.
"Sentencing of political stalwarts has hurt me. I believe the institution of democracy has been weakened by dumping two political leaders behind the bars," he said while talking to reporters late last night.
"Who has done what could be a subject of discussion but raising up extreme step in such matters of political leaders emits a smell of conspiracy hatched by certain forces to weaken democracy," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch