PM, Vice-Prez greet people on Ganesh Chaturthi
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Vice-President Hamid Ansari have greeted the people on the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi.
In his message, the Prime Minister said the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi symbolizes the cultural unity of the country, bringing people of all walks of life together.
"May this festival of Ganesh Chaturthi remove all obstacles, and bring all-round development, harmony and prosperity to all...May this festival bring peace, prosperity and happiness in the lives of all," Singh said.
Ansari noted that Ganesh Chaturthi marks Lord Ganesha`s birth which is celebrated with traditional gaiety and enthusiasm.
"While celebrating the festival let us reaffirm our faith in all that is good, noble and virtuous and inculcate these time-tested values in our lives. I extend my greetings and good wishes to the citizens of our country on the auspicious occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference