PM voices sorrow over Andhra Pradesh tragedy
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh expressed grief over the death of 45 bus passengers in a horrific accident in Andhra Pradesh on Wednesday.
"The Prime Minister has expressed sorrow over the loss of lives ... in Mehabubnagar," an official statement said.
"He has extended his heartfelt condolences to the bereaved families and wished a speedy recovery to those injured in the accident."
As many as 45 people were killed when the bus hit a culvert and caught fire after its diesel tanker exploded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand