PM voices sorrow over Andhra Pradesh tragedy
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh expressed grief over the death of 45 bus passengers in a horrific accident in Andhra Pradesh on Wednesday.
"The Prime Minister has expressed sorrow over the loss of lives ... in Mehabubnagar," an official statement said.
"He has extended his heartfelt condolences to the bereaved families and wished a speedy recovery to those injured in the accident."
As many as 45 people were killed when the bus hit a culvert and caught fire after its diesel tanker exploded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert