PM wishes Narendra Modi on his birthday, Congress calls Gujarat CM a threat
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday extended birthday wishes to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Modi, who has been named as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, turns 63 today.
Meanwhile, Congress leader Rashid Alvi said Modi is a threat to democracy and the BJP leaders knew it.
However, they are probably unable to speak, added Alvi.
Modi, in the meantime, thanked everyone for their good wishes and blessings.
He visited his 94-year-old mother Hira Ba to seek her blessings.
“I have faith that people`s blessings won`t go waste, it will give me strength to go on with my work,” the BJP poster boy said on his birthday.
Modi said September 17 also happens to be the day of the worship of Lord Viswakarma, the mechanic-god and this day signifies the day of the dignity of labour.
Modi also visited former CM and Gujarat Parivartan Party leader Keshubhai Patel`s at residence to seek his blessings.
Modi was on September 13 appointed as BJP’s prime ministerial candidate, despite the most senior leader LK Advani`s opposition.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why