PM wishes Narendra Modi on his birthday, Congress calls Gujarat CM a threat
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday extended birthday wishes to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Modi, who has been named as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, turns 63 today.
Meanwhile, Congress leader Rashid Alvi said Modi is a threat to democracy and the BJP leaders knew it.
However, they are probably unable to speak, added Alvi.
Modi, in the meantime, thanked everyone for their good wishes and blessings.
He visited his 94-year-old mother Hira Ba to seek her blessings.
“I have faith that people`s blessings won`t go waste, it will give me strength to go on with my work,” the BJP poster boy said on his birthday.
Modi said September 17 also happens to be the day of the worship of Lord Viswakarma, the mechanic-god and this day signifies the day of the dignity of labour.
Modi also visited former CM and Gujarat Parivartan Party leader Keshubhai Patel`s at residence to seek his blessings.
Modi was on September 13 appointed as BJP’s prime ministerial candidate, despite the most senior leader LK Advani`s opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says