PMK MLAs meet Karunanidhi on eve of crucial executive meet
Chennai: A day ahead of the crucial PMK
executive that is likely to decide on aligning with the ruling
DMK, its party MLAs met DMK president M Karunanidhi today.
The PMK delegation, comprising among others party
president G K Mani and former Union minister of state for
Railways R Velu held discussions with Karunanidhi for about an
Later, speaking to reporters, Karunanidhi said the PMK
delegation discussed the prospects of a future alliance with
"They said they would even arrange for talks between
me and Ramadoss directly if required," Karunanidhi said.
The chief minister said he would hold discussions with
his partymen on the alliance with PMK.
To a question, he said the PMK delegation had not
placed any demand for increased seat allocation for next
year`s Assembly elections.
To another question on the recent Pennagaram bypolls,
where the two parties were rivals, he said there may have been
attempts by some to portray DMK and PMK as enemies. DMK won
the election, while PMK came second, pushing principal
opposition party AIADMK to third spot.
The PMK executive will meet tomorrow to take a final
decision on the alliance with DMK.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!