PMO, Army officials leaked sensitive info: VK Singh to Shinde
New Delhi: Former Army Chief Gen VK Singh has written to Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde alleging "conspiracy" by officials in the PMO and the Defence Ministry behind leak of sensitive information and demanded inquiry to bring out the truth.
In his letter, the former chief has talked about leak of sensitive information about the Technical Security Division-- a controversial intelligence unit set up by him -- and his letter to the Prime Minister about shortage of arms and ammunition in the Army.
"The above serious offences have been committed due to abetment and conspiracy indulged in by civil and military officials (past and present) in the Prime Minister`s Office, Cabinet Secretariat, Ministry of Defence, Army Headquarters and many others.
"They are all guilty of abetment and criminal conspiracy to commit all the above offences. A thorough investigation would bring out the truth about who these persons are and what is their motive for indulging in activities aimed at destabilising India and harming its citizens," he said in the letter.
The former chief has also named a few journalists for leaking sensitive information in his letter to the Home Minister.
The former chief has told the Minister that, "inaction and complicity in the above offences has encouraged criminals and severely compromised security of the nation and safety of its citizens."
He requested him that "immediate action be taken to direct the concerned authorities to register appropriate FIRs, commence investigation and resort to preventive detention of offenders where necessary."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report