PMO fails to comply with government directive
New Delhi: The Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) is among 30 odd central departments which have failed to comply with a government`s directive to put in place measures to check arbitrariness in use of discretionary powers enjoyed by their ministers.
The Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), which acts as a nodal department to coordinate with central ministries, today issued a reminder to over 30 departments asking them to give details of such measures along with reasons for not complying with its directives issued over a year ago.
The Centre on April 16, 2012, had issued a circular to all ministries under it to carry out an exercise for putting in place regulating parameters for exercise of discretionary powers and put them in public domain so as to minimise arbitrariness in exercise of such powers.
In another circular issued in May, 2012, the DoPT had asked the central government departments to send a copy of such guidelines in case they already existed. In case of absence of these measures, the DoPT had given them three months time to form the guidelines.
A reminder dated April 1, 2013 was also issued in this regard. "However, no reply/information have been received...It is requested to kindly expedite the requisite information to this department urgently," the DoPT said in its office memorandum issued on Thursday to all the defaulting departments.
There are more than 50 central government departments, out of which 18, including the Department of Space, Ministry of New & Renewable Energy, Department of Information Technology (Ministry of Communications & IT), Ministry of Labour & Employment and Ministry of Steel have responded to the central government`s directive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM