‘PMO hand in withholding forensic rpt on CD’
New Delhi: Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan
on Monday dragged the Prime Minister`s Office into the
controversial CD issue involving his father Shanti Bhushan
alleging that it was behind withholding a forensic report
which said it was doctored.
His remarks came following a RTI reply that the forensic
examination by Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL),
Chandigarh shows that the CD was "doctored", contradicting
findings of two other such tests.
Bhushan claimed that the PMO in response to RTI of
Subhash Aggarwal gave him only Delhi CFSL report and not the
"The interest taken by the Home Minister P Chidambaram in
this matter and the PMO in revealing the Delhi CSFL report
while withholding the Chandigarh CFSL report shows that the
Government is behind the dissemination of this fabrication, if
not the actual fabrication itself.
"This was the beginning of the repeated attempts by the
Government to defame important members of the anti-corruption
campaign - an attempt which continues till this day," Bhushan
After the CD came into circulation, Shanti Bhushan had
filed a complaint with Delhi Police on April 14, alleging that
it was fabricated and denied having any conversation with
Mulayam and Singh.
"This (Chandigarh) report, after 8 months since it came
into existence, has been given to Subash Chandra Aggarwal by
the Chandigarh CSFL on Central Information Commission?s order.
The Delhi Police refused to give this report to Shanti Bhushan
despite his repeatedly asking for the same.
"Despite facts they distributed the dishonest Delhi CFSL
report which certified the CD to be genuine to the entire
media. Even the PMO in response to RTI of Subhash Aggarwal
gave him only Delhi CFSL report and not the Chandigarh
report," Bhushan claimed.
He further alleged that Delhi Police did not send the
Amar Singh-Mulayam Singh CD to the CFSL lab which would have
conclusively shown that all of Mulayam Singh`s speech in this
fabricated CD had been cut and pasted onto the CD from the
Amar Singh tapes, which has been filed in the Supreme Court on
"Shanti Bhushan had given a copy of the Amar Singh CD to
the Delhi Police and we had conclusively demonstrated in a
press conference on April 17, 2011 that Mulayam Singh`s speech
had been merely cut and pasted on this fabricated CD from the
Amar Singh tape," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’