PMO seeks report from HRD Ministry on girl being forced to take urine
New Delhi: The Prime Minister`s Office has sought a report from the HRD Ministry on a fifth class girl student`s being allegedly forced to drink her urine in Visva Bharati in Santinikean.
Sources said the PMO has asked for a report from the HRD Minister about the the incident which occurred in a school under the Visva-Bharati University, a central varsity whose chancellor is the Prime Minister.
The hostel warden, who had allegedly forced the student to drink her own urine as a punishment for bed-wetting, has been arrested and placed under suspended.
The incident sparked an outrage and National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) slapped a notice on West Bengal government asking it to probe the matter and submit a report in the next 10 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video