PMO seeks report from HRD Ministry on girl being forced to take urine
New Delhi: The Prime Minister`s Office has sought a report from the HRD Ministry on a fifth class girl student`s being allegedly forced to drink her urine in Visva Bharati in Santinikean.
Sources said the PMO has asked for a report from the HRD Minister about the the incident which occurred in a school under the Visva-Bharati University, a central varsity whose chancellor is the Prime Minister.
The hostel warden, who had allegedly forced the student to drink her own urine as a punishment for bed-wetting, has been arrested and placed under suspended.
The incident sparked an outrage and National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) slapped a notice on West Bengal government asking it to probe the matter and submit a report in the next 10 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II