PMO`s newspaper bill in three years Rs 34 lakh
New Delhi: The Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) has spent over Rs 34 lakh on magazines and newspapers in the past three years.
This was stated by Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs V Narayanaswamy in Rajya Sabha during Question Hour.
Rs 11,92,910 was spent on publications during 2009-10 while Rs 12,09,505 was spent on newspapers and magazines in 2008-09, the highest in the past three years.
According to the minister, Rs 10,30,346 was spent for the purpose in 2007-08.
He said the PMO has subscribed to 18 Hindi publications, five Urdu, four Hindi, two each Marathi and Gujarati and one each in Malayalam, Bangla and Telugu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?