PMO`s newspaper bill in three years Rs 34 lakh
New Delhi: The Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) has spent over Rs 34 lakh on magazines and newspapers in the past three years.
This was stated by Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs V Narayanaswamy in Rajya Sabha during Question Hour.
Rs 11,92,910 was spent on publications during 2009-10 while Rs 12,09,505 was spent on newspapers and magazines in 2008-09, the highest in the past three years.
According to the minister, Rs 10,30,346 was spent for the purpose in 2007-08.
He said the PMO has subscribed to 18 Hindi publications, five Urdu, four Hindi, two each Marathi and Gujarati and one each in Malayalam, Bangla and Telugu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof