PM`s aide says no illegality in allotment of plots
New Delhi: With a media report suggesting that two plots were allotted to his niece and a friend in Bangalore in an "irregular" manner, the Prime Minister`s Adviser TKA Nair on Sunday insisted that "no irregularity or illegality" was involved in it "to the best of my knowledge".
Nair said he had sought "all the relevant facts" in this matter even as he dismissed as "absolutely baseless" any linkage to the Tatra truck deal.
"My attention has been drawn to media reports about the alleged irregular allotment of residential plots of the Housing Cooperative Society of BEML to my relatives and family friends. To the best of my knowledge no irregularity or illegality was involved in the allotments," Nair said in a statement here.
"I have requested the PMO to obtain all the relevant facts of this matter through the Department of Defence Production," he said.
The statement came in the wake of a media report which suggested that the plots were allotted to Nair`s niece, A Preethy Prabha, and a family friend, Uma Devi Nambiar, at "throwaway prices" at BEML society in South Bangalore in 2008.
The media report said the allotments were made at a time when complaints about the role of BEML chairman and Managing Director VRS Natarajan in controversial Tatra truck deal were pending with the Prime Minister`s Office besides the Central Vigilance Commission and Ministry of Defence.
Responding to this, Nair said, "The insinuation linking these allotments with the Tatra deal is absolutely baseless".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy