PM`s aide says no illegality in allotment of plots
New Delhi: With a media report suggesting that two plots were allotted to his niece and a friend in Bangalore in an "irregular" manner, the Prime Minister`s Adviser TKA Nair on Sunday insisted that "no irregularity or illegality" was involved in it "to the best of my knowledge".
Nair said he had sought "all the relevant facts" in this matter even as he dismissed as "absolutely baseless" any linkage to the Tatra truck deal.
"My attention has been drawn to media reports about the alleged irregular allotment of residential plots of the Housing Cooperative Society of BEML to my relatives and family friends. To the best of my knowledge no irregularity or illegality was involved in the allotments," Nair said in a statement here.
"I have requested the PMO to obtain all the relevant facts of this matter through the Department of Defence Production," he said.
The statement came in the wake of a media report which suggested that the plots were allotted to Nair`s niece, A Preethy Prabha, and a family friend, Uma Devi Nambiar, at "throwaway prices" at BEML society in South Bangalore in 2008.
The media report said the allotments were made at a time when complaints about the role of BEML chairman and Managing Director VRS Natarajan in controversial Tatra truck deal were pending with the Prime Minister`s Office besides the Central Vigilance Commission and Ministry of Defence.
Responding to this, Nair said, "The insinuation linking these allotments with the Tatra deal is absolutely baseless".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies