PM`s assets have not increased, only value gone up: PMO
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s assets have not increased since last year but their value has gone up, his office said on Monday.
"The assets are the same but their valuation has gone up as the assessment has been done, for the first time, by a government-approved valuator," a PMO spokesman said.
The clarification came after the Prime Minister declared the value of his assets as Rs 10,73,88,730.81, which is double the value of the assets last year.
While the total worth of Singh`s two flats - in Chandigarh and Delhi - is Rs 7.27 crore, Singh has bank deposits and investments worth Rs 3.46 crore approximately in various State Bank of India (SBI) accounts.
Last year, the Prime Minister had declared total assets worth Rs 5.11 crore approximately. The flats owned by him in Chandigarh and Vasant Kunj in South Delhi were then valued at a total of Rs 1.78 crore and he owned 150.80 gm of gold jewellery worth Rs 2.75 lakh as on March 31 this year.
Singh has shown residential properties, bank deposits and a Maruti 800 car as his assets.
However, a number of the Prime Minister`s Cabinet colleagues are much richer than him, according to the updated list of assets declared by them.
Among the richer cabinet ministers are Praful Patel with assets of approximately Rs 52 crore, Sharad Pawar with property worth around Rs 22 crore and M K Azagiri with Rs 9.50 crore.
Defence Minister AK Antony has assets worth Rs 55 lakh, the lowest in the list of the cabinet Ministers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory