PM`s assets have not increased, only value gone up: PMO
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s assets have not increased since last year but their value has gone up, his office said on Monday.
"The assets are the same but their valuation has gone up as the assessment has been done, for the first time, by a government-approved valuator," a PMO spokesman said.
The clarification came after the Prime Minister declared the value of his assets as Rs 10,73,88,730.81, which is double the value of the assets last year.
While the total worth of Singh`s two flats - in Chandigarh and Delhi - is Rs 7.27 crore, Singh has bank deposits and investments worth Rs 3.46 crore approximately in various State Bank of India (SBI) accounts.
Last year, the Prime Minister had declared total assets worth Rs 5.11 crore approximately. The flats owned by him in Chandigarh and Vasant Kunj in South Delhi were then valued at a total of Rs 1.78 crore and he owned 150.80 gm of gold jewellery worth Rs 2.75 lakh as on March 31 this year.
Singh has shown residential properties, bank deposits and a Maruti 800 car as his assets.
However, a number of the Prime Minister`s Cabinet colleagues are much richer than him, according to the updated list of assets declared by them.
Among the richer cabinet ministers are Praful Patel with assets of approximately Rs 52 crore, Sharad Pawar with property worth around Rs 22 crore and M K Azagiri with Rs 9.50 crore.
Defence Minister AK Antony has assets worth Rs 55 lakh, the lowest in the list of the cabinet Ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video