PM`s committee on direct cash transfers to meet on Nov 26
New Delhi: A high-powered committee set up by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to ensure direct electronic cash transfer of subsidies under various government welfare programmes will hold its first meeting on November 26.
"The first meeting of the National Committee on Direct Cash Transfers to be chaired by the PM will be held on November 26," sources close to the development said.
The scheme on direct cash transfer is being introduced with an aim to check corruption and pilferage in distribution of subsidised items.
The Committee was set up last month to determine broad policy objectives and strategies for direct cash transfers and identify government programmes and schemes for which direct cash transfers to individuals can be adopted.
The Committee has 11 cabinet ministers, two ministers of state with independent charge, the Deputy Chairman Planning Commission, the Chairman UIDAI and the Cabinet Secretary as its members.
The Committee will suggest the extent and scope of direct cash transfers in each case besides specifying timelines for the rollout of scheme.
It will coordinate with various ministries and departments involved in enabling direct cash transfers and ensure timely, coordinated action to ensure speedy rollout of direct cash transfers across the country.
The National Committee on Cash Transfers will review the progress of implementation of direct cash transfers and provide guidance for mid-course corrections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack